Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Back in the Saddle Again

It's been sometime since I posted anything on my good old blog but I won't be shy in saying that I got into blogging about bourbon and whiskey when everyone was blogging about bourbon and whiskey. So I looked at the landscape and felt that in that time I had nothing really to add to the whiskey readers scene. Bloggers like Bourbon and Banter, Bourbonr, TheBourbonTruth, Sippin' Corn and writers like Fred Minnick pretty much had a handle on things. No one needed another review sight or a how to book and frankly I wasn't about to share all my great places to get bourbon with the great unwashed. So I took a self imposed hiatus.

So what have I been doing for the past 2 years??? Watching and listening to you guys. Reading up on the industry side of this hobby. Reading the real history of bourbon and American whiskey. I've been out there Seeking. The WhiskeySeeker in me did not take a hiatus!!! I've been buying, sampling, drinking, tasting, trading, buying and selling anything and everything Bourbon. Some of you may know at I'm a founding member of the Cleveland Bourbon Club. Well the CBC has opened may a door for me and opened my eyes to the world and the truth about private barrel picks. As a member of the CBC I've been on 15 Barrel picks and as a guest on other tasting panels the number is over 20 private picks in 2 years. I've met my heroes Jim Rutledge, Jimmy and Eddie Russell. I've tasted amazing whiskies and drank my share of crap.


However, over the last two years I've gained a perspective. My own understanding right or wrong of the bourbon universe. And this has lead to the conclusion that I have something to say. You don't have to agree with me and if you don't all the better. But it's been an interesting ride over the last two years and I'm gonna share what I think I learned. So this is the reboot of The WhiskeySeeker blog and if you don't like it then go drink some vodka. If you like it share it and leave me a comment. I hope to update the look and navigation of my pages here so hang in with me.  So here we go my first post will be on the hand wringing over the bourbon stolen in "Pappy Gate"! See you guys soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment